Whether a client is looking to establish a non-profit corporation to support a national cause, a limited liability company for a new venture, or a holding company to shield assets, the business attorneys at Smith Haughey can help. Before starting the formation process, we first work with our clients to understand their business goals and needs. From there, we craft a formation plan that includes all the elements that are needed to ensure their business has a strong foundation from which they can build their future.
We have assisted countless entrepreneurs, businesses, and non-profit organizations navigate the complex process that is forming a new entity. Our services in this area include:
- Counseling clients on best practices for maintaining corporate formalities
- Drafting bylaws, operating agreements, and shareholder buy-sell agreements
- Filing necessary forms with the IRS to receive tax-exempt status for non-profit organizations
- Identifying ideal corporate form based on the client’s long-term goals and plans
- Obtaining Employer Identification Number (EIN) from IRS
- Preparing and filing articles of formation with state of incorporation