Smith Haughey’s business attorneys are advocates and champions for their clients, advising business clients through all of their business and real estate needs. From start-ups to large companies, we have teams of experts to address all needs from the straightforward to the most complex.
With business attorneys across the state, we are ready to assist businesses and business owners with their legal needs across Michigan and beyond.
Smith Haughey has experience in a wide variety of matters, including the following areas:
- Choice of entity and entity formation
- Preparation of operating agreements, bylaws, buy/sell agreements and shareholder agreements
- Contract review, preparation and negotiation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Banking and corporate finance
- Intellectual property
- Labor and employment
- Family businesses and succession planning
- Bankruptcy and creditors’ rights issues
- Tax law
- Commercial litigation and dispute resolution
- Non-profit securities
- Private placements