Whether looking to expand geographically, empower others to replicate a successful business concept, or planning to purchase an already-established concept, the franchise law attorneys at Smith Haughey can help business owners achieve their dreams.
The franchise law team brings together Smith Haughey attorneys with experience in franchise law, anti-trust law, employment law, contract law, intellectual property, real estate and development law, insurance, and other relevant legal disciplines to ensure comprehensive service to our clients. At the same time, we are adept at streamlining processes, eliminating redundancies and zeroing in on key issues to deliver exceptional value.
Smith Haughey helps franchisors and franchisees lay the groundwork for success and growth, and guides them through the various stages of their franchise business, including:
- Financing franchise development, acquisition, and expansion
- Corporate maintenance, such as preparing employment policies, operations manuals, and buy/sell agreements
- Developing and operating a franchise system
- Planning for business succession
- Preparing and negotiating commercial lease agreements and real estate purchase agreements
- Preparing and registering franchise disclosure documents
- Preparing franchise agreements, area-developer agreements, and other franchise documents
- Securing, maintaining, and enforcing intellectual property rights, including preparing licensing, confidentiality, non-compete, non-solicit, and trade secret assignments
- Transition to new ownership and new franchisees