On Monday, the Grand Rapids Business Journal launched the inaugural feature of Crain’s Notable West Michigan Lawyers. We’re proud to share that Laura Johnson is a 2023 honoree and a top West Michigan lawyer!
The 2023 list recognizes 27 honorees. Johnson is the only lawyer who practices medical malpractice defense law. This accolade is given to individuals who excel in their professional and community endeavors. Notable West Michigan Lawyers demonstrate integrity and excellence. They must also:
- Be based in West Michigan
- Serve in a senior level role at a law firm
- Practice the profession for at least 10 years
- Have made an impact in the type of cases they handle, clients won, or pro bono work
- Serve as a role model or mentor to other attorneys and promote inclusive practices in the workplace
- Take on a leadership role in professional organizations and community service initiatives
About Laura Johnson
This year, Laura was promoted to shareholder at Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge. She focuses solely on medical malpractice defense litigation and representing hospitals, physicians, nurses, and other health care providers. Previously, she worked as a medical malpractice plaintiff’s attorney in Detroit and Grand Rapids. This experience gives her a unique and advantageous perspective when litigating for the defense.
Laura was also named a 2019 Up and Coming Lawyer by Michigan Lawyers Weekly and selected to the 2022 Michigan Rising Stars list for Personal Injury Medical Practice: Defense.
Congratulations on your achievement, Laura!