Grand Rapids, Mich., Jan. 7, 2014 — Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge is pleased to announce its new chief executive officer (“CEO”), the addition of two new shareholders, office managing shareholders, and its 2014 board members.
Chief Executive Officer
Robert W. Parker has been elected CEO of the firm. An attorney in Smith Haughey’s Traverse City office, Robert practices in real estate, construction, and business law. Robert will serve a two-year term effective January 1, 2014.
- D. Adam Tountas has been named a new shareholder of the firm. Adam is an attorney in the firm’s Grand Rapids office, practicing in the areas of commercial and employment litigation. Adam's clients include retailers, manufacturers, entrepreneurs, small business owners, and financial institutions.
- Kristen E. Guinn has been named a new shareholder of the firm. Kristen is a trial attorney in the firm’s Grand Rapids office who represents individuals and businesses in commercial, professional liability, employment, criminal, and probate litigation matters.
- Craig S. Neckers has been named managing shareholder of the Grand Rapids office. A Smith Haughey attorney for more than 30 years, Craig assists individuals and businesses in matters involving commercial litigation, professional liability, product liability, and legal malpractice defense.
- Kevin B. Even has been named managing shareholder of the Muskegon office. Kevin is a commercial litigator, assisting businesses in matters involving contracts, construction claims, commercial leases, business torts, real estate, and employment related claims.
- Cheryl L. Chandler has been named managing shareholder of the Ann Arbor office. Cheri practices in the area of medical malpractice, defending physicians and health care entities in cases involving all areas of medicine.
Cheryl L. Chandler, Patrick F. Geary, Jack L. Oostema, Robert W. Parker, Mary R. Pigorsh, Ronald A. Schuknecht and Matthew L. Wikander will serve as board members in 2014.